It seems Willtendo has been nominated for its first blogging award by The Gaming Diaries. Many thanks! Apparently this award is meant to acknowledge bloggers that inspire the sort of warmth and positivity that is associated with the sun. I’m not sure how my critical ass fits into that description, but I’m happy to be nominated! I’ve got some questions to answer, but first off, let’s establish the rules surrounding the award.
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
And now for the questions:
1. If you could play as one video game character within another video game world, who would you choose to play as and in what game world? For example, playing as Ezio (AC2) in Rayman Legends.
I want to play as Captain Olimar in the world of Metroid. The ship part/treasure descriptions in the Pikmin games have referenced space pirates existing in the Pikmin universe. I think it’d be neat to see Olimar running through a derelict space station or other alien planets, Pikmin in tow, having to deal with the likes of Ridley, Kraid, and all the other space priates. Of course, they’d have to scale him up to his size in Smash to make it work.
2. If you could meet any video game character and ask them one question, who would you meet and what would you ask?
I’d ask Link if he could tell me his life story at length and in excruciating detail, just so I could hear what it sounds like when he talks.
3. What is your favorite video game soundtrack?
It’s a tie between Super Mario Galaxy and Xenoblade Chronicles; both have several pieces that are legitimately fantastic, and the rest are still pretty damn good.
4. If you could have one superpower/video game ability what would it be?
Part of me wants the ability to teleport whenever I please a la Ghirahim, though I’m hesitant to make that choice due to the old adage claiming that any form of teleportation would actually kill the person teleporting – due to the dissipation of molecules – and replace them with an identical copy.
5. What is your favourite film/TV programme and who is your favourite character within it?
Breaking Bad, and my favorite character is Walter White, obviously.
6. If you could have a dinner party with 5 video game characters who would you choose?
Luigi, Groose, Olimar, Anna, and Balder. My general thought was that I should choose some of my favorite non-villain characters, as I don’t have a death wish.
7. If you could only eat three foods for the rest of your life what would they be?
Bleu cheeseburger, fries, and salad. The bleu cheeseburger and fries combine to form my all-time favorite meal. As for the salad, well, I can’t stand the stuff; totally bland and… eugh… healthy. But I suppose I’m going to need some sort of food option that won’t increase the likelihood of a heart attack, and the salad could include fruits, vegetables, meat, dairy… it would be useful in covering any food requirements that the burger and fries wouldn’t meet.
8. If you could forget one game and play it again for the first time, what game would you pick and why?
I was struggling to choose from my three favorite Zelda titles – Majora’s Mask, Skyward Sword, and Breath of the Wild – when I realized that the first two wouldn’t hold up as well if I still retained my memory of Breath of the Wild, given how much that game managed to improve upon the past games in certain regards. So I suppose I’d like to forget Breath of the Wild and set out on that epic adventure another time.
9. If you could own one video game vehicle for your own use what would it be?
The Hocotate Ship from Pikmin 2. It may look like a rusty hunk of junk, but that thing is capable of traversing space at speeds greater than any other Nintendo spacecraft. Of course, the real question would be whether or not the thing would be scaled up to my size. But even if it remains half a foot tall, it would still have some utility as the ultimate storage container: despite its diminutive size, it seems to have a limitless capacity to keep all sorts of objects confined within its hull.
10. In your opinion, what video game character has the best fashion sense?
Well, it’s definitely between Ghirahim and Father Balder. Ghirahim has the greatest mantle in existence as well as some really fabulous hair, though Balder’s half-mask is pretty sweet, and he even wears the corpse of a Peacock like a boa! I think I’ve got to give the edge to Ghirahim, though, as a lot of Balder’s fabulousness is a result of Loptr’s influence.
11. What game do you think has the best cutscenes?
This is difficult. I’ve always been fond of Skyward Sword’s cutscenes, and they remain the best the Zelda series has ever put out, but considering that they have an extremely noticeable lack of voice acting, I’m not sure that it would be a legitimate choice. So I’m going to go with the original Bayonetta. The cutscenes are so over-the-top sexy and bursting at the seams with personality; I laughed out loud on numerous occasions. Yet despite the absurdity of it all, there’s still an emotional core present between Bayonetta, Luka, and Cereza, and I can appreciate that.
And now I am to nominate eleven other blogs to receive the award. This does require some effort, so if you were nominated by me, don’t feel like you have to do this, it’s totally up to you.
Questions For Nominees
- Who is your favorite video game villain?
- If you could implement your favorite video game franchise into another form of media, which franchise would you choose and what form of media would it take(television series, film, book, etc.)?
- What kind of archetype(s) do you look for in your video game protagonists?
- What kind of archetype(s) do you look for in your video game antagonists?
- What do you feel is the greatest crossover concept in human history?
- If you had to give one console manufacturer total dominance of the video game market, who would you choose?
- What is your favorite film?
- If you were guaranteed any career of your choice, what would you go with?
- How do you feel about the tendency for video games to be blamed for violence?
- What is your least favorite game mode in any video game?
- What is your favorite game mode in any video game?